5 Life Changing Lessons I Learned From Quitting Smoking


Being a smoker for over 10 years and an ex-smoker of 3, I have experienced every low and high that a smoker can face. I have been at the lowest point a smoker can possibly reach. Quitting smoking is a journey, it's a long winding road of the lowest lows and the highest highs. Quitting smoking is a series of lessons, It can be some of the best lessons you will ever learn in life.

1. Patience is a virtue... Really, it is!
The main thing we learn on the path to quitting smoking is patience. Every step we take on that path requires patience. Quitting smoking requires a high amount of patience as the task in question cannot be achieved in a day. It simply isn't an overnight thing. It takes time.
2. Achieving a goal is life changing.
To achieve what you believe to be the most impossible thing in the world is an amazing feeling to say the least. As soon I realised that I had made it to the land of the smoke-free, setting goals and seeing them through became a slight addiction! I wanted to realise my current dreams and also rekindle my lost ones.
3. With pain comes pleasure.
Nothing we do in life should be easy. We should strive to deal with the difficult situations that life throws at us and face them head on. The biggest lesson I learned from quitting smoking was to face my demons. I decided to no longer cower and hide from what tormented me, instead I grabbed them by the throat and said "that's it, no more"
4. Fear nothing.
The thought alone of going through quitting shook my bones to their core. I had no idea of what to expect, I'd smoked for so long that I'd forgotten how beautiful life was without that little stick of death. It taught me to respect my fear, not to dismiss them but to harness them and use them to my advantage.
5. My life is amazing!
Life is simply amazing without smoking, you can only see it once you've quit. But believe me when I say that life is precious and that we should never take it for granted. As far as we know, we only get 1 shot, we should never even think of burning it prematurely by smoking. Life is exactly that, its life. And we should live it to the full.
It's now time for you take that first step to freedom and learn your own lessons from stopping smoking. Whatever those lessons are make sure you learn them, make sure you never smoke again. Trust me, its worth it.
There are certain barriers we face when we attempt to quit smoking, they are easy to overcome once we know how. To learn these lessons.